Filling out laboratory test requisitions and repeatedly providing demographics,
billing and test related clinical information can be inconvenient for caregivers
and their staff. Standing orders and frequent testing create special test
management challenges for long term care facilities.
BBPL LabLink simplifies the creation of laboratory requisitions for providers
while assuring that all necessary information is accurately submitted to BBPL.
LabLink Orders features include:
- Storage of patient demographic, insurance, diagnosis and default provider
information; re-entry of this information is not required on subsequent occasions of service
- Built-in ICD-10 encoder to convert narrative descriptions to valid ICD-10 codes
- Medicare medical necessity validation / ABN support to improve the Medicare claims submission process.
- User-defined Hot List of frequently ordered tests
- Search utility for test selection of less frequently ordered procedures
- User defined orders annotations; courtesy copies, fasting status, etc.
- User maintained Provider Master and convenient multi-provider support
- Creation of proprietary barcodes on the printed requisition to assure accuracy of data input
LabLink Orders Tracking Utilities include:
- Tracking of lab orders by patient, date created, and/or date scheduled
- Convenient one click printing of requisition batches scheduled to be completed at specified date(s)
- Printable consolidated listing of scheduled orders to assist floor/ward management
LabLink Standing Orders Support
- Allows orders to be placed up to one year in advance
- Supports multiple frequency modalities, including daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- Provides "exceptions" to scheduled testing to be created
- Allows the addition of one-time ad-hoc test(s) to scheduled orders
- Integrates with orders tracking to manage orders scheduled in the future
- Provides renewal notifications for orders about to expire